Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Double Standard 101

RE: Iranian Authorities Close 2 Opposition Publications (March 2, 2010)
To the Editor:
I originally started reading this article because I was intrigued by the censorship happening in Iran, however looking deeper into the article I found something very troubling. At the end of the article the author mentioned at least 280 workers that have not received payment for months due to “unpaid government debts and a tightening of bank credit”. Then the article went on to mention the 2,000-pound bombs that the Iranian Air-Force was building, testing and refining at the same time. My question now is how the Iranian government can afford these million dollar bombs when it can’t afford to pay its workers? My next question is how long does the government expect to remain in power, considering the recent riots over wages, without paying its workers? I feel like this apparent double standard should be investigated more closely in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment